- This event has passed.
Flute Haven Native Flute School
September 8 - September 15
Flute Haven offers a full week of workshops, recording, classes, performing and performances, presentations, and (most enjoyably) music-making and jamming. The core of the program is a Native Flute School, but it is much more … at Flute Haven you can:
- raise your level of flute playing,
- learn to play with other instruments such as percussion, guitar, and piano,
- record your CD on our four on-site recording kiosks, complete with over six hundred freely-usable backing tracks and/or live accompaniment,
- dive into performing with a comprehensive program for those who want to play for others,
- learn to lead a flute circle,
- expand your flute playing into new genres,
- learn the possibilities for using your musicality in health and healing contexts,
- expand your musicality into percussion, voice, and conducting,
- participate in our yearly research study, which expands the body of knowledge in various areas of flute playing and human musicality,
- go in-depth with our Flutemakers-in-residence,
- or simply jam all week long.
Flute Haven is for people of all levels of musical experience — including beginners and experienced players. The amount of time you have played Native flutes is not important — only your desire to explore and expand your musicality.
You can join our Leadershp program or come for a week long retreat.
The Flute Haven staff are dedicated trained music facilitators who have worked hard over the last decade to make Flute Haven The Native American flute experience.
In addition to Native flute specialists, we have staff who focus on percussion, voices, strings, and keyboards to provide a well-rounded music week and to give participants many opportunities to jam with experienced musicians in all these areas. We also have staff dedicated specifically to less experienced players and two of our staff are certified and active Music Therapists.
We — the staff members, flute makers, and presenters — bring our very best that we have to offer to Flute Haven. We believe that the workshops, jam sessions, and presentations at Flute Haven will dramatically raise your level of playing and enjoyment of the instrument.
We promise that you will have a fun-filled musical adventure!
REGISTER AND ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: www.flutehaven.com